The project aims to increase democratic legitimacy by promoting the possibilities and the initiatives that the European Union offers to partake in the decision-making process. Specifically, PADIGE focuses on the European Citizens’ Initiative (ECI), aiming to facilitate the initial phases of ECI proposal preparation through the development of a platform that allows young people to share ideas and get in contact with peers that share the same ideas.
- Creation of a shared platform in which proposals can be co-written and implemented.
- Creation of a Guide for Youth Workers which will contain a blended learning course, combining asynchronous and synchronous learning (through webinars) which will aim at training youths on how to apply participatory design methodology into preparing a European Citizens Initiative on the topic of Gender Equality. Additionally, it will create guidelines, methods, and advice on how Youth Workers can successfully transfer this knowledge to young people
Online platform for Participatory Design of European Citizens Initiative (COMING SOON)
The platform will allow the creation of an ECI proposal (European Citizens Initiative) on the topic of gender equality by youths from different European countries through a participatory design methodology. It will also include informational material on Gender Equality and a forum where all users can discuss various aspects of the subject.
Guide for Youth Workers
E-learning course divides into 4 modules focus on participatory design methodology, ECI and gender equality and how to implement them. A research report on good practices in participatory design and ECI design will also be included as well as a tutorial on the proper use of the wiki platform.
Awareness-raising about the role of the ECI (European Citizens Initiative) in the European Union law framework. PADIGE project will allow young people to easily have access to a “direct democracy” instrument.
3 transnational meetings;
6 multiplier events;
Youth focus group thanks to which they will express their opinion about the structure of the final platform;
Development of software specifications and operational requirements;
Development of the platform;
Awareness raising campaign to attract more youths in participating in the platform;
Development of learning resources & teaching guidelines;
2 pilots: one for the platform and one for the guide;
Organization of webinars with youth workers.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To raise the awareness about the European Citizens Initiative as an instrument of European “direct democracy”;
- To provide high quality trainings and tools for Participatory Design of ECIs by using an innovative approach, such as the creation of a blended learning programme and the development of a wiki platform;
- To raise awareness among young people about the importance of Gender Equality;
- To provide civic engagement opportunities to disadvantaged young people;
- To have an impact on the EU law creation by presenting a new proposal based on the concept of Participatory Design.
PADIGE – Participatory Design of Initiatives on Gender Equality – funded by the Erasmus+ Programme, was born out of a desire to make the EU more transparent and democratically accountable, with the aim of bringing citizens closer to the institutions. The project aims...
Project name: Participatory Design of Initiatives on Gender EqualityProposal number: KA205-45D64672Duration: 24 monthsCoordinator: COOPERATIVE D’INITIATIVE JEUNES (CIJ, France)Financed by: Erasmus+ ProgrammePartners: CENTRO INTERNAZIONALE PER LA PROMOZIONE...